OUI, MADEMOISELLE

Written by Annamária ©

OUI, MADEMOISELLE 2010-2014 · SELFKATALOG 2012-2017




12 April 2011

Vomit pink

ATTENTION! THE FOLLOWING IMAGES MAY DISTURB YOU AND INSULT YOUR TASTE.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Vomit pink. Pink vomit. At the end of this post you'll feel it's coming up in your esophagus.
Actually pink is the color I don't really care for. I had a pink IKEA chair shunted to my brother's room, a pair of pink H&M thick tread shoes sold in my online shop, and a pink second-hand jumper given to my mother. That's all. So I totally run out of pink.
I had a pink post nine months ago, The colour of Barbie. Maybe I have to make one every year, D'oh!
Why?
No answer. There's something in this color I like, abstracted from clothing.
Compare the nine-months-old pink post, and this assemble. Do you see any differences? I do. I was more into fashion, more earth-bound, more narrow-minded. Now, I got differing ideas about pink and its availability. And I don't care about fashion anymore.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
So should we convict pink and burn at the stake? (Recently I got a huge interest in medieval history, so allegories like this are expected frequently, cool, ain't it?)
Use pink. Use it as a bitch, a saint, a baroque poet or Rei Kawakubo would. Do not fear of pink. It has some mighty power but in wearing there's a thin line between looking rad and looking like an idiot.
Vincent Gallo can wear pink, for example. Britney Spears can't.
You know, what's pink the best for? Background.
Are you colorblind enough?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
When I wake up
In my makeup
It's too early for that dress
Wilted and faded somewhere in
Hollywood
I'm glad I came here with your pound of flesh
No second billing, cause you're a star now
Oh, Cinderella they aren't sluts like you
Beautiful garbage, beautiful dresses
Can you stand up
Or will you just fall down?
Credits: unknown, Eyemazing magazine, unknown, song Celebrity Skin by Hole, unknown, Crystal Castles, album cover This Island by Le Tigre 2004, Comme des Garcons Fall 2007, unknown

0 comment(s):